Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Steve Vai: Bad Horsie Live !

Well, I was browsing through some videos on Youtube, and found a live performance by the one guitarist I idolize a lot: The Amazing Steve Vai !




It's actually been really difficult to understand him, not only for me, but for all musicians too, for the various unique sounds he makes, and the new concepts he has in a live performance !

He himself had admitted that he can't repeat what he played at one concert in another, because most of what he does onstage is actually 'made onstage' at that very moment !

I saw the song 'Bad Horsie', where he is wearing a kind of a helmet which glows in the dark when the lights are off, and the stage looks 'scary' till then ! Then, he starts playing the riff, and the lights are on ! The concept was to give it a kind of an "Aliens look", I think, by the way he was dressed !

The end part is really much too awesome, when he stops strumming the guitar, and starts creating some weird sounds from it !

Here's the video:
You'll love it !




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 comments:

drewzepmeister said...

I admit that Steve Vai is a gifted guitar player with a strong flair for showmanship. His techniques are incredible, but I tend to prefer guitarists that show more passion and emotion in their playing.

Entertainment Booking Agency said...

I absolutely admire your blog.I can see you are putting a lot of effort and hard work on your posts, I'm sure I'd visit here more often. You may also want to visit my site. It's about impersonator, acrobatics, unicycling, mentalist and a lot more about other forms of entertainment. Just check it out...

Barbara aka Layla said...

I like Steve Vai. People say he has no passion but maybe his personality just doesn't show it like some others do

FireFly said...

I could see on that video that although he does not have the personality of many other great guitarists, I personally think his music speaks for himself. Great post, great taste in music, if I am not mistaking, you are a musician yourself?

小湘 said...

Every why has a wherefore.........................................

bearockr said...

@ Barbara and Firefly : I can surely agree with you on what you said above ! :) Listening to some of his songs like "Whispering a Prayer" or "For the Love of God" is like Heaven for me ! Such beautiful and emotional songs he has played, and a Guitarist who can so effectively bring out his emotions via his guitar is definitely an inspiration for me !

Claudia Lawrence said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, You have maintain it so beautifully that I truly like it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. There are Expert advertising teams who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks. All u have to do is submit your blog plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to Advertising Team for Promotion & Marketing .I too have submitted my blog in it & getting a good response from it . Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared with my friends hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.